“I love this recipe!” carols Amy Berry from Poland, Maine. “Perfect for fuss-free holiday breakfasts or company, it’s scrumptious and so easy to put together the night before.”
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Place bread cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before baking, remove the berries from the freezer and set aside, and remove the baking dish from the refrigerator. Bake the French toast, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle berries and brown sugar mixture over French toast. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Berry French Toast Bake in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p21
Reviews for Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review