- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Place bread cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before baking, remove the berries from the freezer and set aside, and remove the baking dish from the refrigerator. Bake the French toast, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle berries and brown sugar mixture over French toast. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
Sort By :
"Excellent! I halved the recipe and used cinnamon swirl bread instead of regular bread."
"When I made this was delicious but just a bit soft. I like mine French toad casserole a little crunchy."
"This recipe is fabulous. I have made it twice and both times altered the recipe a little. Once, I made it with cubed Hawaiian bread, that I toasted in the oven. Most recently I used cubed angel food cake that I toasted in the oven. Both versions were real crowd pleasers."
"I had to sweeten it more. It was better the 2nd day after the berries softened and were absorbed into the bread."
"It was really easy to make and turned out delicious! The fruit baked beautifully to where you don't even need syrup. I made mine with whole wheat bread to make it even healthier!"