- 6 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Whisk together first six ingredients. Place bread cubes in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove berries from freezer and French toast from refrigerator and let stand while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Top French toast with berries; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
"When I made this was delicious but just a bit soft. I like mine French toad casserole a little crunchy."
"I had to sweeten it more. It was better the 2nd day after the berries softened and were absorbed into the bread."
"A big hit at our church brunch table. HINT: instead of trying to crumble the butter sugar mixture, I melted it and drizzed it over the top. It worked really well and much less messy."
"This is fabulous! easy to make and tastes delicious!"