Mixed Berry Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 8 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, applesauce, yogurt, sugar and lemon peel; add to flour mixture, stirring gently until blended.
- Spread into a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mixed Berry Cake(14)
Sort By :
I have made this easy recipe several times for guests and everybody has always loved it
If using frozen berries baking time needs to be at least 55 minutes. I made this for a church coffee and several asked for recipe. I would probably not use blackberries as part of fruit again as seeds were larger.
I made this cake using freshly frozen blackberries. The flavor was good but the blackberry seeds were a bother. Next time I'll use a different berry.
I made this cake and it was delious. But I used fresh berries instead of
the frozen and was delighted with the results. Everyone raved about it. I also used vanilla yogurt instead of plain.
Was that a dry cake? The picture looks like it is. Thanks, Deb
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >