Lois Fetting of Nelson, Wisconsin suggests this simple yet delicious way to showcase beans. "It is best with beans fresh from your garden or the farmer's market," she hints.
- 1/2 pound each fresh green and wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add the dill, lime juice and peel, salt, pepper and beans. Stir to coat and cook until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Beans With Lime Butter in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p18
Reviews for Mixed Beans With Lime Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"Really delicious and pretty as well!!"