Lois Fetting of Nelson, Wisconsin suggests this simple yet delicious way to showcase beans. "It is best with beans fresh from your garden or the farmer's market," she hints.
- 1/2 pound each fresh green and wax beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet; add the dill, lime juice and peel, salt, pepper and beans. Stir to coat and cook until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Beans With Lime Butter in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p18
Reviews for Mixed Beans With Lime Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"Really delicious and pretty as well!!"