Mixed Bean Salad Recipe
Making this colorful salad a day ahead gives it time to marinate. We love its flavorful tangy-sweet dressing.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 207 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC