Mix-in-the-Pan Cake Recipe
"You don't need a bowl to stir up this chocolate cake, so cleanup in a snap," writes Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. "I serve warm squares of the moist cake with scoops of coffee ice cream."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1. In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; add oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Add coffee; stir until batter is smooth.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 248 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mix-in-the-Pan Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC