"You don't need a bowl to stir up this chocolate cake, so cleanup in a snap," writes Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. "I serve warm squares of the moist cake with scoops of coffee ice cream."
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the flour, brown
- sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; add
- oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Add coffee;
- stir until batter is smooth.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.