Mix-in-the-Pan Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; add oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Add coffee; stir until batter is smooth.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mix-in-the-Pan Cake(2)
Sort By :
A very good, light, moist cake. Just a note that you won't be able to taste the coffee. It accents the chocolate, but does not stand out at all.
I make this cake often but combine in a regular mixing bowl. Every good chocolate cake has coffee in the recipe as a chocolate enhancer and this one fits the bill. It's become my husband's favorite "quick" cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Frannie T.