Mix for Cranberry Lemonade Bars Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the first five ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover tightly. Store in a cool dry place up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare bars: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, lemonade concentrate, lemon peel and lemon bar mix. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.