I recently put all of our family’s special recipes in a cookbook to be passed down from generation to generation. These tangy, cake-like bars came out of that collection. —Suzette Jury, Keene, California
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the first five ingredients in order listed, packing well between each layer. Cover tightly. Store in a cool dry place up to 6 months.
- To prepare bars: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine egg, butter, lemonade concentrate, lemon peel and lemon bar mix. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mix for Cranberry Lemonade Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p59
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mix for Cranberry Lemonade Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review