Mix 'n' Match Squash Casserole
"Mix any kinds of summer squash you have on hand for this flavorful casserole," suggests June Mullins of Livonia, Missouri. "Served with a salad and hot rolls or homemade bread, it makes a meal my family enjoys."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed summer squash (yellow, zucchini, pattypan and/or sunburst)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place squash and a small amount of water in a large saucepan; cover
- and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add all remaining
- ingredients; mix well. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.