Mix 'n' Match Quiche Recipe
Combine colorful crabmeat and asparagus to bake this hearty main dish that's both festive and flavorful— or choose your family's favorite ingredients...and create your own one-of-a-kind specialty! You'll be surprised at the compliments you'll receive.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, flaked and drained
- 1 cup frozen asparagus cut, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to 325°.
- 2. Layer crab, asparagus, onion, red pepper and cheese in crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 287 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Mix 'n' Match Quiche
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC