Mix 'n' Match Quiche Recipe
Combine colorful crabmeat and asparagus to bake this hearty main dish that's both festive and flavorful or choose your family's favorite ingredients...and create your own one-of-a-kind specialty! You'll be surprised at the compliments you'll receive.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, flaked and drained
- 1 cup frozen asparagus cut, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to 325°.
- Layer crab, asparagus, onion, red pepper and cheese in crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mix N Match Quiche in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mix 'n' Match Quiche(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2011
This is a great "Mix and Match" basic recipe with good proportions and baking times that work with meats, veggies or cheeses you choose.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >