Combine colorful crabmeat and asparagus to bake this hearty main dish that's both festive and flavorful— or choose your family's favorite ingredients...and create your own one-of-a-kind specialty! You'll be surprised at the compliments you'll receive.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, flaked and drained
- 1 cup frozen asparagus cut, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to 325°.
- Layer crab, asparagus, onion, red pepper and cheese in crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mix N Match Quiche in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p11
Reviews for Mix 'n' Match Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2011
"This is a great "Mix and Match" basic recipe with good proportions and baking times that work with meats, veggies or cheeses you choose."