Misty Melon Salad Recipe
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 medium honeydew melon, cubed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set juice aside. Add pineapple to fruit mixture; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. For dressing, in a blender, combine the sugar, onion, salt, mustard and reserved pineapple juice; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit salad. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 186 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Misty Melon Salad
"More work than it is worth. It took much more than 20 min. to peel and slice that stuff and the flavor is just so so."
"This was wonderful. I didn't use the honeydew melon. I added green grapes and blueberries for color. I also doubled the dressing, but that really wasn't necessary."