Misty Melon Salad Recipe
The pleasant poppy seed dressing complements the mixture of cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries and pineapple. This salad adds color to any meal.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set juice aside. Add pineapple to fruit mixture; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. For dressing, in a blender, combine the sugar, onion, salt, mustard and reserved pineapple juice; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit salad. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC