The pleasant poppy seed dressing complements the mixture of cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries and pineapple. This salad adds color to any meal.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- 1 medium honeydew, cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice; set juice aside. Add pineapple to fruit mixture; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- For dressing, in a blender, combine the sugar, onion, salt, mustard and reserved pineapple juice; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit salad. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Misty Melon Salad in Country February/March 2005, p49
Reviews for Misty Melon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2013
"This was wonderful. I didn't use the honeydew melon. I added green grapes and blueberries for color. I also doubled the dressing, but that really wasn't necessary."