Missouri Peach and Applesauce Salad Recipe
"Fresh peaches combine with applesauce in this tangy molded salad," notes Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri about her creamy-textured, refreshing side dish.
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe peaches
- Red grapes and mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce. Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- 2. In a bowl, whip cream with sugar, nutmeg and vanilla until stiff. Fold into gelatin mixture along with the peaches. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Chill until firm. Garnish with grapes and mint if desired. Yield: 8-12 servings.
1 each: 121 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Missouri Peach and Applesauce Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC