"Fresh peaches combine with applesauce in this tangy molded salad," notes Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri about her creamy-textured, refreshing side dish.
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe peaches
- Red grapes and mint leaves, optional
- In a saucepan, bring soda to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add applesauce. Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- In a bowl, whip cream with sugar, nutmeg and vanilla until stiff. Fold into gelatin mixture along with the peaches. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. bowl. Chill until firm. Garnish with grapes and mint if desired. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Missouri Peach and Applesauce Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p17
Reviews for Missouri Peach and Applesauce Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review