- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, drained
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 minutes more. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mission Baked Beans in Country August/September 1992, p47
Reviews for Mission Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
"If you like spicy and like baked beans...you need to make this!"