Miso Soup with Tofu and Enoki Recipe
This traditional Japanese soup has a mild flavor but is so comforting. Sliced green onions provide a bit of color.—Bridget Klusman, Otsego, Michigan
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) fresh enoki mushrooms or 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and ginger in oil until tender. Add the water and miso paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add tofu; heat through. Ladle into bowls; garnish with green onions. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 147 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Miso Soup with Tofu and Enoki
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC