Mishmash Applesauce Recipe
- 3 pounds tart apples, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the fruit and orange juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Sprinkle gelatin over fruit mixture; stir until combined. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; mash fruit. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 8 cups.
1/2 cup: 75 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Mishmash Applesauce
"Excellant way to use small amounts of berries. Not to sweet. Hubby loved it."
"This was fantastic, especially for my two fruit loving toddlers. Easy to prepare and the leftovers froze well. I made it in the spring, so I used fresh rhubarb and strawberries, but replaced the frozen cranberries with frozen tart cherries. Cool and delicious."