Minute Steaks Parmesan
We often use cubed steaks to make minute steak sandwiches. But in this recipe, I dress them up with a cheesy coating and zesty pizza sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg white, water and pepper. Set
- aside. On a plate, combine cracker crumbs and cheese. Dip each cubed
- steak into the egg mixture, then coat with cracker/cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; brown steaks on both sides. Add
- pizza sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with remaining crumb
- mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab