We often use cubed steaks to make minute steak sandwiches. But in this recipe, I dress them up with a cheesy coating and zesty pizza sauce.
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg white, water and pepper. Set aside. On a plate, combine cracker crumbs and cheese. Dip each cubed steak into the egg mixture, then coat with cracker/cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; brown steaks on both sides. Add pizza sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Garnish with remaining crumb mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Minute Steaks Parmesan in Country Woman May/June 1991, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Minute Steaks Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review