- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Turkey Smoked Sausage, browned, thinly sliced
- 3 cans (15 1/2 oz. each) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2-1/2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Brown sausage in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peas, broth, onions, and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hoppin' John in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p40
Reviews for Minute Rice Hoppin' John
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2015
"My husband thought this dish was very flavorful. It makes a large amount."