- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Turkey Smoked Sausage, browned, thinly sliced
- 3 cans (15 1/2 oz. each) black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2-1/2 cups Minute® White Rice, uncooked
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Brown sausage in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add peas, broth, onions, and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hoppin' John in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p40
Reviews for Minute Rice Hoppin' John
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2015
"My husband thought this dish was very flavorful. It makes a large amount."