Minty Wreaths Recipe
These keep in a tightly sealed container in the freezer for three weeks, so don't eat them all at once!—Samantha Hartzell, Washington, Illinois
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dark chocolate or white candy coating, melted
- Assorted sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and extracts. Combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 1-1/2-in. diameter rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. Dip cookies in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Decorate as desired with sprinkles to resemble wreaths; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without sprinkles) equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Minty Wreaths
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC