Minty Watermelon Salad Recipe
My four year old twin grandchildren love to cook and create in the kitchen with me. Last summer, the three of us were experimenting with watermelon and cheese and that's where this recipe began. It's great for neighborhood gatherings, picnics or as a healthy snack on a hot summer day. —Gwendolyn Vetter, Rogers, Minnesota
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced pickled onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 45 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC