Minty-Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Capturing fantastic flavors of summer, this refreshing, beautiful salad will be the talk of any picnic or potluck. —Roblynn Hunnisett, Guelph, Ontario
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 medium English cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, cucumbers, green onions and
- mint. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over salad
- and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 2
- hours before serving.
- Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.