Minty Watermelon-Cucumber Salad
You know watermelon's great with other fruits, but try it with veggies, too. This garden-fresh salad is incredibly refreshing and only a little bit sweet. It's a sure bet for any sunny-day get-together. —Roblynn Hunnisett, Guelph, Ontario
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 medium English cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, cucumbers, green onions and
- mint. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over salad
- and toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 2
- hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.