Minty Tea Punch
Forget sugary (and boring) sodas for your next potluck and treat your family and friends to a refreshing homemade punch. Serve up in mason jars with striped paper straws and really "wow" the crowd. —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 cups water, divided
- 12 mint sprigs
- 4 individual tea bags
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Ice cubes
- Orange and lemon slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat;
- add mint and tea bags. Steep, covered, 3-5 minutes according to
- taste. Discard mint and tea bags.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices, sugar and remaining water. Transfer
- to a pitcher; refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice; add orange
- and lemon slices if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 43 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.