Minty Sugar Snap Peas
Fresh mint is great on cooked sugar snap peas. Mint is also nice on green beans or carrots. —Alice Kaldahl, Ray, North Dakota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water, peas and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. Stir in mint and butter.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 102 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.