Minty Snowmen Recipe
Each year I choose a different decorating theme for my holiday kickoff party - last time it was snowmen and snowflakes. These cute little snowman mints were fun to make and drew lots of smiles. -Shelly Rynearson, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Red, green, blue, yellow and/or purple liquid or gel food coloring
- Colored sprinkles, nonpareils and cake decorator candies
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, extract and salt. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar. Knead by hand for 1-2 minutes or until mixture becomes pliable.
- 2. For each color of dough, combine 1 tablespoon of dough and food coloring; knead until blended. Leave remaining dough white. Roll white dough into a log; remove one-fourth of the log and set aside.
- 3. For the snowmen's bodies, divide the remaining log into 8-9 pieces and roll into balls. For the snowmen's heads, divide the reserved dough into 8-9 pieces and roll into balls. Stack 1 smaller ball on top of each larger ball.
- 4. Use the colored dough to form hats, scarves and earmuffs as desired. Use candies to make eyes, noses and buttons. Yield: 8-9 snowmen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 80 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC