- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Red, green, blue, yellow and/or purple liquid or gel food coloring
- Colored sprinkles, nonpareils and cake decorator candies
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, extract and salt. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar. Knead by hand for 1-2 minutes or until mixture becomes pliable.
- For each color of dough, combine 1 tablespoon of dough and food coloring; knead until blended. Leave remaining dough white. Roll white dough into a log; remove one-fourth of the log and set aside.
- For the snowmen's bodies, divide the remaining log into 8-9 pieces and roll into balls. For the snowmen's heads, divide the reserved dough into 8-9 pieces and roll into balls. Stack 1 smaller ball on top of each larger ball.
- Use the colored dough to form hats, scarves and earmuffs as desired. Use candies to make eyes, noses and buttons. Yield: 8-9 snowmen.
Reviews for Minty Snowmen
"We made these one year - my advice is - if you want more than the recipe will make, do it one batch at a time. When you increase the amounts, it becomes harder to work with. These are very tasty. We had a lot of fun doing these 11 years ago when our daughters were younger, now I get to do them with my grandsons."
"We made these for our "snow man party" and they were darling! We no longer use artificial food dyes, so if we do these again, we will have to do things a little differently. They are very tasty too. :)"
"THis is very easy to make and lots of fun. and the snowmen look so cute!"
"Ohmigosh, these little buggers are killer. The only problem I have is all of the alcohol in the peppermint extract-- if you're feeding them to little kids..."