Each year I choose a different decorating theme for my holiday kickoff party - last time it was snowmen and snowflakes. These cute little snowman mints were fun to make and drew lots of smiles. -Shelly Rynearson, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Red, green, blue, yellow and/or purple liquid or gel food coloring
- Colored sprinkles, nonpareils and cake decorator candies
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, extract and salt. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar. Knead by hand for 1-2 minutes or until mixture becomes pliable.
- For each color of dough, combine 1 tablespoon of dough and food coloring; knead until blended. Leave remaining dough white. Roll white dough into a log; remove one-fourth of the log and set aside.
- For the snowmen's bodies, divide the remaining log into 8-9 pieces and roll into balls. For the snowmen's heads, divide the reserved dough into 8-9 pieces and roll into balls. Stack 1 smaller ball on top of each larger ball.
- Use the colored dough to form hats, scarves and earmuffs as desired. Use candies to make eyes, noses and buttons. Yield: 8-9 snowmen.
Originally published as Minty Snowmen in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p37
Reviews for Minty Snowmen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review