Minty Rice Salad Recipe
When my garden is at its peak, I love to prepare this refreshing salad using my own tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, green peppers and mint. Make this wonderful dish ahead to allow the flavors to blend and for added convenience.
- 2 cups cooked brown or wild rice
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, tomatoes, peas, cucumber, green pepper, green onions and radishes; set aside. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over rice and vegetables; mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve cold. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 231 calories, 12g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Minty Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC