Minty Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked brown or wild rice
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine rice, tomatoes, peas, cucumber, green pepper, green onions and radishes; set aside. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over rice and vegetables; mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve cold. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with brown rice and without added salt) equals 231 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.