When my garden is at its peak, I love to prepare this refreshing salad using my own tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, green peppers and mint. Make this wonderful dish ahead to allow the flavors to blend and for added convenience.
- 2 cups cooked brown or wild rice
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine rice, tomatoes, peas, cucumber, green pepper, green onions and radishes; set aside. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over rice and vegetables; mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve cold. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Minty Rice Salad in Country Extra July 1993, p49
Reviews for Minty Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review