Minty Pineapple Punch
People are surprised to learn that tea is an ingredient in this pleasant beverage. It's a nice change from punch recipes that call for soda.
Margaret McNeil, Germantown, Tennessee
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium lemons
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 individual tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (46 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- Fresh mint, optional
- Squeeze juice from lemons; set juice aside. Place lemon halves in a
- large saucepan; add water and sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 5
- minutes. Remove from the heat and discard lemons. Stir in extracts
- and reserved lemon juice.
- Steep tea in boiling water for 5 minutes; discard tea bags. Stir tea
- and pineapple juice into lemon mixture. Chill. Serve in chilled
- glasses over ice. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 5 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.