Minty Picnic Potato Salad
What would a picnic be without potato salad? In this recipe, mint adds a tasty twist on the traditional. Because it contains oil instead of mayonnaise, it travels well to picnics. Sheri Neiswanger, Ravenna, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and
- bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.