Minty Picnic Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and place in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 184 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Minty Picnic Potato Salad
"I'm not sure why there seems to be a movement in re using red potatoes for potato salad- they're expensive, bland, and medical evidence the human body processes this source of complex carbs like it's a sugar.I know this is an area of contention in the culinary world. I used scrubbed, skin- on russets cut into 1-inch cubes- worked just as well. I guess I'm old fashioned..."