Minty Picnic Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and place in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 184 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Minty Picnic Potato Salad
"I'm not sure why there seems to be a movement in re using red potatoes for potato salad- they're expensive, bland, and medical evidence the human body processes this source of complex carbs like it's a sugar.I know this is an area of contention in the culinary world. I used scrubbed, skin- on russets cut into 1-inch cubes- worked just as well. I guess I'm old fashioned..."