What would a picnic be without potato salad? In this recipe, mint adds a tasty twist on the traditional. Because it contains oil instead of mayonnaise, it travels well to picnics. —Sheri Neiswanger, Ravenna, Ohio
- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p220
Reviews for Minty Picnic Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review