- 10 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Picnic Potato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p220
Reviews for Minty Picnic Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2008
"I'm not sure why there seems to be a movement in re using red potatoes for potato salad- they're expensive, bland, and medical evidence the human body processes this source of complex carbs like it's a sugar.I know this is an area of contention in the culinary world. I used scrubbed, skin- on russets cut into 1-inch cubes- worked just as well. I guess I'm old fashioned..."