- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in oil until onions just begin to soften. Add peas; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint and cook for 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Minty Peas and Onions in Reminisce November/December 1995, p47
Reviews for Minty Peas and Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2011
"We also cut this recipe in half and still had plenty left over. Fortunately I had a Vadalia sweet onion and just enough mint left on my plant to use fresh. It was wonderful. Easy to make, good enough for both family and company meals."