MOTHER could always rely on peas and onions when she was in a hurry and needed a quick side dish. Besides being easy to prepare, this dish was loved by everyone in our family. It was handed down to my mother by my grandmother. -Santa D'Addario, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in oil until onions just begin to soften. Add peas; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint and cook for 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Minty Peas and Onions in Reminisce November/December 1995, p47
Reviews for Minty Peas and Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review