Minty Peas and Onions Recipe
- 2 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- In a large skillet, saute onions and red pepper in oil until onions just begin to soften. Add peas; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Stir in mint and cook for 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Minty Peas and Onions
Sort By :
We also cut this recipe in half and still had plenty left over. Fortunately I had a Vadalia sweet onion and just enough mint left on my plant to use fresh. It was wonderful. Easy to make, good enough for both family and company meals.
Simply delightful fresh-tasting side dish to serve with many entrees. We cut recipe in half to serve 4, but it makes a colorful presentation worthy of guests. We grow fresh mint on our patio, but dried should be fine, too. Easy, tasty, healthy - expect even kids to love it!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >