Minty Peach Halibut Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine preserves and mint. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- 2. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon half of peach mixture over fish. Broil 1 minute longer; turn, Broil 3-4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting once with remaining peach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (43g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Minty Peach Halibut
"A good adaptable receipe. We used apricot preserves instead of the peach and it was still delicious."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.