Minty Peach Halibut
"I knew this golden entree was a winner when my mother-in-law -who owns every cookbook imaginable- asked for the recipe" relates Dawn Mayford of Granite City, Illinois. She flavors halibut steaks with a deliciously different sauce that combines fresh mint and peach preserves.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and mint. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon half of peach mixture
- over fish. Broil 1 minute longer; turn, Broil 3-4 minutes more or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting once with remaining
- peach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.