Minty Peach Halibut Recipe
"I knew this golden entree was a winner when my mother-in-law -who owns every cookbook imaginable- asked for the recipe" relates Dawn Mayford of Granite City, Illinois. She flavors halibut steaks with a deliciously different sauce that combines fresh mint and peach preserves.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and mint. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon half of peach mixture over fish. Broil 1 minute longer; turn, Broil 3-4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting once with remaining peach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Minty Peach Halibut in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p6
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Minty Peach Halibut(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2013
A good adaptable receipe. We used apricot preserves instead of the peach and it was still delicious.