"I knew this golden entree was a winner when my mother-in-law -who owns every cookbook imaginable- asked for the recipe" relates Dawn Mayford of Granite City, Illinois. She flavors halibut steaks with a deliciously different sauce that combines fresh mint and peach preserves.
- 1 jar (10 ounces) peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and mint. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Spoon half of peach mixture over fish. Broil 1 minute longer; turn, Broil 3-4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting once with remaining peach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Minty Peach Halibut in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p6
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Minty Peach Halibut
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2013
"A good adaptable receipe. We used apricot preserves instead of the peach and it was still delicious."