Minty Pasta Salad
Mint apple jelly provides sweetness and chopped mint brings out the herb's flavor in this refreshing pasta salad.—Nina Hall, Spokane, Washington
4-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons mint apple jelly
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces small pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat jelly, uncovered, on high for 15-20
- seconds or until melted; cool slightly. Stir in the mayonnaise,
- vinegar, mint, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add dressing and
- toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: 4-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.