My grandmother used to serve this side dish along with roast leg of lamb. With its fresh mint taste, it also makes a nice salad served chilled. It's simple but delicious. -Kristen Dunphy of Haverhill, Massachusetts
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the lemon peel, salt, pepper and orzo; heat through. Stir in mint. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Minty Orzo and Peas in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p27
Reviews for Minty Orzo and Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review