Minty Orange Lemonade
I keep this refreshing beverage on hand in the refrigerator during the warm summer months. Friends and neighbors enjoy cool glassfuls when they stop by to visit. – Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/3 cups lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 7 cups cold water
- Orange slices and mint sprigs
- In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; add the
- lemon juice, mint, orange juice and peel. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Strain and discard mint and peel. Add cold water; serve over ice.
- Garnish with mint and orange slices. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.