Minty Meringue Drops Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1. Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, beating until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and food coloring if desired. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Minty Meringue Drops
"IF you can find Hershey's Mint baking bits, these are fantastic! Simple, easy, and a wonderful texture and flavor variation for a Christmas cookie tray. I do NOT recommend using the green-colored "mint chips" (Guittard) that are widely available in most grocery stores; they aren't actually made of chocolate, and ruin the flavor of these delicate treats. If you cannot find the Hershey's mint chips, I recommend tossing semi-sweet chocolate chips with mint extract as suggested in the recipe."