Minty Meringue Drops
These pretty mint green drops are dotted with chocolate chips. My kids don't consider it the Christmas season until I make them.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min./batch
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar,
- beating until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon
- at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and food coloring
- if desired. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking
- sheets. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry to the
- touch. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.