Minty Meringue Drops Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1. Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, beating until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and food coloring if desired. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 134 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Minty Meringue Drops
"IF you can find Hershey's Mint baking bits, these are fantastic! Simple, easy, and a wonderful texture and flavor variation for a Christmas cookie tray. I do NOT recommend using the green-colored "mint chips" (Guittard) that are widely available in most grocery stores; they aren't actually made of chocolate, and ruin the flavor of these delicate treats. If you cannot find the Hershey's mint chips, I recommend tossing semi-sweet chocolate chips with mint extract as suggested in the recipe."