Minty Mango Salsa
"My husband likes to smoke a whole turkey, and I made this colorful salsa with fresh mint to accompany it," writes Diane Thompson of Nutrioso, Arizona. "It's always a hit with our guests, even served as an appetizer."
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, pepper, chilies, onion, juice
- mint and ginger. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Serve
- with tortilla chips. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 20 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 0 Free Food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.