Minty Lime Granitas Recipe
I like to balance the heat from spicy meals by serving scoops of refreshing lime granita. Keep a batch in the freezer to enjoy any time!—Rochelle Schmidt, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles finely shaved ice. Spoon into dessert dishes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 130 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Minty Lime Granitas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC