- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 2 packages (4-3/4 ounces each) chocolate-covered peppermint candies, divided
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or fudge ripple ice cream
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Fold in walnuts. Spread into crust. Coarsely chop 1 package peppermint candies; fold into ice cream. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with fudge topping. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, extract and food coloring if desired; beat until stiff peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream mixture and remaining candies. Freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMinty Ice Cream Pie
"at 663 calories a slice i cant do this one. much too righ but looks delish."
"This recipe works very well for company and is one I'd make again. I am keeping the recipe and working on some substitutes, just to see how it works out."