“Ice-cream pies are so versatile because you can use your favorite ice-cream, toppings and decorations. You can also make them well in advance and keep them on-hand for unexpected company.” —Lorraine J. Darocha, Mountain City, Tennessee
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 2 packages (4-3/4 ounces each) chocolate-covered peppermint candies, divided
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or fudge ripple ice cream
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Fold in walnuts. Spread into crust. Coarsely chop 1 package peppermint candies; fold into ice cream. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with fudge topping. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, extract and food coloring if desired; beat until stiff peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream mixture and remaining candies. Freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Minty Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Minty Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review