Minty Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 2 packages (4-3/4 ounces each) chocolate-covered peppermint candies, divided
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream or fudge ripple ice cream
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Fold in walnuts. Spread into crust. Coarsely chop 1 package peppermint candies; fold into ice cream. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with fudge topping. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, extract and food coloring if desired; beat until stiff peaks form. Garnish pie with whipped cream mixture and remaining candies. Freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Minty Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Minty Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
didn't try this yet. looks yummy though. does anyone have the recipe for the whipped cream cake that uses only chocolate wafer cookies and whipped cream?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >