Minty Hot Fudge Sundae Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with candies.
- 2. Combine the water, coffee granules and remaining brown sugar and cocoa; pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream, whipped cream and cherries) equals 255 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.