The best part about dessert from the slow cooker is that when dinner’s done, a hot treat is ready to serve. In this case, a chocolaty, gooey, minty treat you can’t get enough of! —Terri McKitrick, Delafield, Wisconsin
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the milk, butter and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with candies.
- Combine the water, coffee granules and remaining brown sugar and cocoa; pour over batter (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream and cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Minty Hot Fudge Sundae Cake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p44
Reviews for Minty Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review