Minty Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate mix features a tasty blend of mint and malt. We enjoy some each holiday season—especially after an evening of caroling! —Esther Lambright, Shipshewana, Indiana
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups chocolate malted milk powder, divided
- 1 cup butter mints
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant chocolate drink mix
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Chocolate mint reception stick candies, optional
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup malted milk powder and mints;
- cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Add milk
- powder, chocolate drink mix and remaining malted milk powder; mix
- well. Store in airtight containers.
- For each serving, combine 1/4 cup mix and 3/4 cup boiling water; stir
- until dissolved. Garnish with stick candies if desired. Yield: 27
- servings (6-3/4 cups mix).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without candy sticks) equals 225 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.