Minty Halibut Pasta Recipe
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 halibut or swordfish steak (1/2 pound and 1 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add 3 teaspoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine orange peel with remaining oil, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of fish. Grill fish, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Cut into 1-in. cubes. Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add swordfish and mint vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1/4 pound: 452 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Minty Halibut Pasta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.