Minty Fruit Salad
Refreshing mint gives the gorgeous salad an unusual twist. It's a "must" on my brunch buffet. Even people who aren't big fruit eaters devour this colorful combination...then ask for the recipe.
—Becky Murdock of Hernando, Mississippi
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup grapefruit segments
- 1 cup sliced halved peeled kiwifruit
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. In a small bowl, combine the
- remaining ingredients. Drizzle over fruit; gently stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 134 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.